As a brief update: I have decided to return for a second year with Amate House. As this year was wrapping up, I began to look for job positions throughout the midwest. I really began to struggle because I really didn't know what to look for. I chose Amate House because it was a great program that could give me medical experience for medical school. Midway through this year, it became apparent that medical school is no longer the frontrunner in my mind. I haven't completely ruled it out as a possibility, but it occurred to me that I need more time to recognize what my interests and passions are.
Amate House has been a wonderful experience for me; it provides a venue in which I can examine who I am as a person and what my goals are in life. Planning ahead is a real struggle for me because I constantly worry about making the "wrong" decision. Another year will challenge me to fight my weaknesses and have a clearer picture of my future plans.
I'll update more this week. I'd like to talk about things that occurred this last 5 months or so.
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment